My Haunted Mansion Video (2008)

Have you ever seen a haunted house?

In 2008, I was finishing up my time at the East Valley Institute of Technology. My final project was a ride through of Disney's Haunted Mansion. It took me four months to design, animate, and render the entire film. Since that limited time meant I would not be able to create a truly detailed film experience, I decided to focus more on the storytelling and try to make an actual film about a haunted house, rather than simply recreate the ride.

The Haunted Mansion is copyright the Walt Disney Company




There was nothing to be done about it. I love Disney's Haunted Mansion. The architecture, the effects, the song, everything about it speak to me on some level. This short film was fun to make, and received a standing ovation at the graduation ceremony, but it was never as polished as I would have liked. Some time later, I went through and pieced together things I would have done differently. Not having the same software, I had to piece together portions of it. I will post the entirety of my work on this portfolio as time passes.